Desktop Publishing (DTP) Specialist Wanted.
This position reports to the Lead Project Manager and provides support for all Desktop Publishing (DTP) and Quality Assurance (QA) activities at East African Language Solutions.
• Lead project-specific DTP team, report to the lead project manager, to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of assigned DTP tasks.
• Provide desktop publishing services for projects and in-house activities.
• Aid the lead project manager in monitoring the functional activities of contractors working on DTP.
• Ensure DTP tasks are completed on time and within budget.
• Work with the marketing team in marketing the DTP services.
Appropriate Education and Experience/Requirements:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years DTP/QA experience.
• Working experience with either PCs and Mac platforms.
• Experience in different fonts in document localization will be a plus.
• Expert knowledge of DTP and graphic arts software such as Quark, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and related software applications.
• Proficient in English and Swahili. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented.